Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Finding their way back to TV

I was slapping together the lifestyles section for today's paper ... so needless to say, I felt compelled to throw in the wire story about Rush playing "Tom Sawyer" on tonight's episode of The Colbert Report.

(To sum up my last Rush-related post: RUSH! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)

The first thought that went through my head when I read the wire story was "Rush? On the TV? When was the last time that happened?" And sure enough, I had my answer by the end of the second paragraph -- they haven't appeared on U.S. television since 1975. I would have been three years old at the time.

Here's their last U.S. television appearance ... doing two songs from their debut album and another from Fly By Night on that most awesome of all '70s shows, Don Kirshner's Rock Concert.


Finding My Way




In The Mood




Best I Can



Here's a little-known piece of Rush trivia: Back in the '70s, Geddy Lee used to spend half his income on hair care products.

No comments: